Sunday, November 21, 2010
Diet Disaster
Well I discovered on Friday that not everyone makes Hawaiian Haystacks the way I do. Cole wanted me to meet his friends while I was in Chico. We went to the Friday Forum in the afternoon at the institute and I met quite a few of them there. He still wanted me to meet a couple he is very close to. He contacted them and they invited us over to dinner. Cole had me talk with Megan on the phone to check out the menu and see if it would work with my diet. I asked her what the options were. She said either spaghetti with meatballs or Hawaiian Haystacks. I pictured the Hawaiian haystacks I make and figured this would work out just perfect. But when we got there and were ready to have dinner I got a big surprise. Her haystacks consisted of rice, a can of cream of chicken soup, crisp chinese noodles, pineapple, and green onions. (She also had grated cheese for those that could eat it.) the meal ended up being 100% carbohydrates. At my house the haystacks are made with rice, cream of chicken soup with lots of chicken added, pineapple, green onions, celery, grated carrots, green pepper, mushrooms, tomatoes, bean sprouts, water chestnuts and soy sauce. So when I serve it there are lots of veggies and it is very healthy. I can also leave out the rice for myself and stay within my diet guidelines. But on Friday I had to eat the rice or starve. since there was essentially no protein in the dinner, after we left their house I had Cole take me to KFC so I could get some of their grilled chicken and get some protein in me. Interesting how we all do things differently.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment